Ballinlough Castle is located just a few minutes north of Delvin on the N52. The main part of the castle was built in the early seventeenth century – 1614 is the date on the O'Reilly coat of arms over the
front door although this be inaccurate by a few decades. The newer wing at Ballinlough was added by Sir Hugh O'Reilly in about 1790 and is probably attributable to the Thomas Wogan Browne was also responsible
for Malahide Castle. The ground floor contains a large drawing room and dining room with four first-floor bedrooms approached by a vaulted corridor above. The spacious interiors have what may be
the tallest windows in a private house of this period, overlooking the woods and lake. In recent times, the Castle and its grounds have played host to a number of large scale events including the award
winning Body&Soul Festival each June. Please note that the castle and its grounds are not generally open to the public.