Delvin's original parish church (now St Patrick's Hall) was built in 1832 and served the community for nearly 50 years until the Church of the Assumption was completed in 1881,
Today, Delvin is blessed with two magnificent church buildings and the following pages will offer an insight in to their history and the community that stands behind them.
Parish Priest Fr. Seamus Heaney
Photo: Church of the Assumption, Delvin - National Library of Ireland Archives
CastletownDelvinCounty WestmeathN91 K383 044 966 4127
Killulagh Delvin County Westmeath N91 HP66 044 966 4127
Main Street Delvin Co. Westmeath N91 X449