A small army of volunteers are busy transforming Delvin Cattle Mart in to Ireland’s largest book shop! On site, it’s very much a case of “all hands on deck” as the stalls are marked out, seating and staging areas are erected and a makeshift kitchen is set up.
By this time tomorrow, the doors will be open and visitors will be able to browse more than 25,000 titles, all arranged by genre. Organisers are hoping for good weather and a great turnout on the day, but forewarned is forearmed – wrap up warm as it was cold in there today!
What You Need To Know…
- The Fair will take place at Delvin Cattle Mart – follow the signs or click here for a map
- There is plenty of parking on site
- Refreshments will be available in the hall
- Children’s activities will be provided – including a special, mini book fair just for them!
- Entertainment will be courtesy of local musicians and celebrity guests
- Doors will open at 12 noon
- Bring lots of bags – you’ll need them!
Hard At Work!
Take a look at some of the volunteers giving up their time to make the event happen.