There’s always plenty of craic in and around the village on St Patrick’s Day!
This guide has been created to share details of our local festivities, to keep you “in the loop” with parade related announcements and to help our visitors find their way around.
Please note that all event details are shared in good faith and are subject to change at little or no notice. Any timings listed are approximate.
Delvin St Patrick’s Parade
The 2018 parade will take place on Sunday 18th March.
This year’s guest of honour will be Anna May McHugh – managing director of the National Ploughing Association.
Aside from entries by a host of local businesses and community organisations, the parade will feature guest performers including The Clara Town Band, majorette group The Rainbow Twirlers and parade regulars – Dunderry Fair.
Directions & Parking
- Delvin’s main street will close to traffic at 2pm and will not reopen until the parade has finished. Diversions will be in place.
- Other than blue badge holders, there will NO parking on the main street. The public car park will be at St Ernan’s School.
- Blue Badge holders should follow the directions of stewards.
- Performers are asked to assemble at the Cattle Mart no later than 2pm.
Disclaimer: The owner of the Delvin Website is not associated with the parade and cannot respond to queries on content or other organisational matters.
Information For Visitors
- There are no cash machines in Delvin but cash back is available from Daybreak (Delvin Services)
- Daybreak (Delvin Services), Clonmellon Road, Delvin.
- Clonmellon Road, Delvin – 044 966 4193
Wi-fi Hot Spot(s)
Where To Eat
- The Camán Inn
Food served all day. Breakfast from 9am. Bar food available until 7pm.
- Coffee Boutique
Open 10am – 6pm serving coffees, light lunches and gourmet ice cream.
Open 9am – 8pm Full hot deli service.
- Bartley’s Bar
A short drive from the village and a lively spot for music and sport fans.
- The Blue Hackle
A popular spot for catching the parade!
- The Camán Inn
Food served all day and live music from 5pm.
- Gaffney’s Bar & Lounge
Call in after the parade and enjoy a pint of Guinness in front of a roaring turf fire.