Church Of The Assumption
The Church of the Assumption, Delvin is a magnificent building constructed on high ground overlooking the main village.
The church was designed by G C Ashlin who also designed Cobh Cathederal, but the design itself was not actually meant for Delvin – it was originally designed for the Parish of Moate near Athlone. Having had his design rejected by the planners in Moate, the architect met the then parish priest of Delvin by chance on a train at Killucan and an agreement was made there and then that Delvin would benefit from the rejected design.
The foundation stone was laid in October 1873 on ground leased to the church by Lord and Lady Greville, and the church was finally dedicated on the 2nd October 1881. The church was fully renovated in 2007.
Tuesday at 9.30 a.m.
Thursday at 9.30 a.m.
Friday at 9.30 a.m.
Saturday at 6.30 p.m.
Sunday at 11.00 a.m.
- 15th February - Confirmation
- 6th March - Ash Wednesday
- 21st April - Easter Sunday
- 11th May - First Holy Communion
- 9th June - Pentecost Sunday
- 4th August - Cemetery Day, Killulagh
- 5th August - Cemetery Day, Crowenstown
- 10th August - Cemetery Day, Delvin