Church Of St Livinius
The Church of St Livinius in Killulagh is a beautiful building in a stunning location on high ground overlooking rolling fields.
With the completion of the new Church in Delvin in 1881 the priests and people of Delvin turned their thoughts to the replacement of the old church in Killulagh.
A site was obtained from Mr Fetherstone of Rockview and Mr Ashlin was engaged as Archtect. The foundation stone was laid on 21st October 1888. It was almost complete in 1891 but because of financial constraints an altar was not provided until 1894.
The Church is dedicated to St. Livinus, a local saint whose ministry is believed to date back to the time of St. Patrick.
Sunday at 9.30 a.m.
- 15th February - Confirmation
- 6th March - Ash Wednesday
- 21st April - Easter Sunday
- 11th May - First Holy Communion
- 9th June - Pentecost Sunday
- 4th August - Cemetery Day, Killulagh
- 5th August - Cemetery Day, Crowenstown
- 10th August - Cemetery Day, Delvin