This is a quick reminder that thieves are always among us and that we all need to remain vigilant. Times are not easy for any of us right now and nobody should have to face the additional strain of dealing with the aftermath of a burglary or other crime.
Recent reports show that a car was stolen from a house in Coxtown. In Lisclogher, a resident returned to their property after they were alerted that their alarm had been activated and found a group of men loading property in to a car. Elsewhere, a number of possessions were stolen from a house in Castle View.
With more people passing through the village, it is even more important to take note of who is around you and what is going on locally. Do NOT be afraid to question things. As a guide, you should always make a quick phone call if you notice any of the following:
- Unknown people or vehicles in your area
- Strangers on a neighbour’s property
- Groups or individuals acting suspiciously – even on public property
- Vandalism or damage anywhere in the village
- Evidence of substance abuse
- Antisocial or threatening behaviour of any description
You can call 086 858 3049 at any time, day or night (999 in an emergency) and speak in confidence to a member of our local Garda patrol. You don’t have to give any information about yourself but you could help stop the thieves.