Delvin Community Action Plan committee (DCAP) is pleased to announce that we have been allocated funding by Westmeath Community Development Ltd (WCD) under the Social Inclusion and Community Development Activation Project 2018-2022 (SICAP).
The amount of funds allocated is €1500.00 to be dispersed as follows.
- €650 to Castletown Court Residents Association – Planting of trees and provision of a bench.
- €200 to Manna Charity Shop, Delvin – Food hygiene training for volunteers at food bank in Kinnegad.
- €250 to DCAP – Start up costs (Printing, administration etc).
- €200 to Delvin Men’s Shed – Purchase of equipment and/or an outing.
- €200 to Delvin Parish Youth Group – Purchase of equipment and/or an outing.
Delvin Community Action Plan Committee was established under the auspices of Westmeath County Council in February 2018. DCAP operates as an umbrella group to assist local community organisations in accessing funding through various state and European agencies.
The committee meets twice a month in Coffee Boutique, Main St. Delvin. Representatives of community groups in the Delvin area are most welcome to attend.