Delvin COMMUNITY Alert
Delvin Garda Patrol
086 858 3049
Clear and open communication is a great weapon in the fight against crime and this website will be used to share news and other information to help the people of Delvin protect their homes, businesses and their wider community
against burglary, fraud and anti-social behaviour.
View "live" Garda alerts & circulars, look up local Gardai and other useful contacts, browse a collection of useful, downloadable information sheets to help you protect your family and your property.
Can You Help?
Urgent local announcements will be shared here.
There are no current alerts.
If you have any information, please call the gardai immediately. Discretion is assured.
Castletown, Delvin, N91 KF57.
Sergeant in charge - Bernard Heeney
086 858 3049 - Mobile Patrol
044 966 4193 - Delvin Office
044 938 4000 - Mullingar Control Room
In an emergency, always dial 999
How It Works
We can ALL help to keep our community safe by being more aware of what is going on around us and reporting anything that doesn’t seem right.
Things to look out for...
- Unusual activity in your area
- Strangers on a neighbours property
- Unknown cars or vans patrolling
- Anti-social behaviour
- Damage to private or public property
- Concern about a neighbour’s welfare
What You Should Do…
Call 086 858 3049 in confidence and tell the Garda patrol about what you have seen. Give as much information as you can – descriptions of people and vehicles can make a big difference. And don’t worry – innocent people will NOT get in to trouble!
What You Should NOT Do…
Write it off or assume others will report it! Do not put off making the call - the sooner you call, the quicker a response can be issued.
REMEMBER – criminals work 24 hours a day, seven days a week! Your call really could help stop a crime from taking place and it could stop you from becoming their next victim!
"Insignificant" Details Do Add Up!
So you just saw a grey car acting suspiciously at 5pm in Lacora Glen but you don't have a make or registration number - not worth reporting, right? WRONG!
You might have seen a grey car in Lacora Glen at 5pm but someone else might have caught a partial registration number when they were in Stoneyford Park earlier, someone else might have noted it was a Mazda and someone else noted it had three males on-board!
All these details DO add up and they DO help the gardai to create a picture of what has been going on. So please let the gardai determine what is significant and what isn't. IF IN DOUBT, REPORT IT!
Report stray dogs to the Mullingar Dog Pound on 044 934 3934. If a dog is causing a nuisance or is attacking passers-by, you should also contact Delvin Garda on 086 858 3049.
Report offenders or sites affected by illegal dumping to Westmeath Litter Warden on 1890 320 005.
To report power failures, damage to supply equipment or fallen power lines, please call 1850 372 999. This number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Street Lighting Faults
Thieves love dark corners, so report any street lights that are not working in your area immediately.
Private Housing Estates
If you live on a new development, each lamppost will have a number. Make a note of the one that isn't working and call 1850 372 772 or 1800 372 772. Give them the street name and lamp number.
Public Roadways / Local Authority Estates
Call Westmeath County Council on 044 933 2000 and give the following information:
1. The village and street name
2. The location of the light (e.g. outside number 16)
3. Your name and contact number
Personal Security Info Sheets
Help & Support
- AdVic Support for people bereaved by homicide. www.advic.ie
- Amen Support for male victims of domestic abuse and their children. www.amen.ie
- CARI Children at Risk in Ireland Support for children, families and groups affected by child sexual abuse. www.cari.ie
- CONNECT Free phone counselling service for any adult who has experienced abuse, trauma or neglect in childhood. The service is also available to partners or relatives of people with these experiences. www.connectcounselling.ie
- Court Support Services Free and confidential support for prosecution witnesses and their families who have been called to court. www.vsac.ie
- Irish Road Victims Association (IRVA) Supports those bereaved or injured by road collisions, and campaigns for justice, rights and recognistion for road crash victims. www.irva.ie
- One in Four Support for victims of sexual abuse and/or sexual violence, and for their families and friends. www.oneinfour.ie
- Rape Crisis Network Ireland Support for victims of rape, sexual assault and sexual abuse. www.rcni.ie
- Support after Homicide Free and confidential emotional support and practical information for people whose lives have been affected by homicide. www.supportafterhomicide.ie
- Towards Healing Provides telephone counselling and a counselling and support service for survivors of institutional, clerical and religious abuse, funded by the Catholic church. www.towardshealing.ie
- Women's Aid Support for women and children affected by domestic violence. www.womensaid.ie