World renowned DJ, Carl Cox, will be making his first appearance in the Irish Republic in over 9 years this August (25th) at Ballinlough Castle. In response to a number of information requests from local residents regarding the arrangements, I have now spoken with the promoters – POD – and a summary of the information provided is included here.
- Promoters are familiar with Ballinlough Castle and have managed several events at the venue before including Tiesto & The Garden Party. Every effort will be made to ensure the event goes as smoothly as possible with minimum disruption to residents.
- Capacity for this event will be 10,000.
- Event will commence at 3pm and music will finish at midnight.
- The traffic management plan will mirror that of Body&Soul – i.e. public car park access via Crowenstown road.
- This is a one day / night event – there will be no public on-site camping.
- Fencing will be provided to residents who require it.
- The team will liaise with residents in the run up to the event to respond to any queries directly and an information sheet will be prepared in due course.
A letter has been prepared by the event promoters and will shortly be delivered to all residents on the Crowenstown road and alongside Ballinlough Castle – Athboy to Kilrush road. A meeting will also take place on the 14th August. Further details to follow in due course.
Further updates will be provided via the Delvin Facebook Page and website as the date approaches.