Delvin Hospice

Delvin Hospice Homecare presented a cheque for €30,000 to John Shaw, Chairman of North Westmeath Hospice, on Wednesday 28th November. This money was generously donated by the people of Delvin and the surrounding areas during the last twelve months. The Committee would like to thank everyone who hosted or supported events during the year.

It cost €230,000 in 2017 to provide palliative care services in North Westmeath between nursing care via the two hospice beds at Mullingar Regional Hospital, two beds at St Camillus Nursing Centre in Killucan, Hospice Homecare and related social work, counselling, bereavement support and complementary therapy services.

Without your generosity and support, this wouldn’t be possible.

Hospice Cheque Presentation 2018

Congratulations to all who were involved in the first ever Drumcree “Bog Fest” Traditional Turf Cutting demo which took place on Sunday 7th May! Organisers have advised that the event raised just under €7,000! 70% of proceeds will go to Delvin Hospice with the remaining 30% going to the Fore Church Window Restoration Fund.

Organisers wish to thank everyone who made the event such a great success. Thank you to all the sponsors, stewards, North Westmeath Turf Cutters Committee, David Smyth Catering, Paddy Boyhan, Beatrice & Rosie from The Abbey House in Fore, all the farmers and musicians – and to John Keane who pulled it all together.

The event will be repeated in 2018.

Delvin Westmeath Ireland
Clear
Clear
3°C
real feel: 4°C
wind speed: 0 km/h SW
wind gusts: 11 km/h
sunrise: 8:34 am
sunset: 4:08 pm